TEAM FIRST… TEAM ALWAYS
*For information on Benchwarmers Basketball including teams, tournament schedules and registration, please click here… Benchwarmersbasketball.org
Founded in 2013 by Glen Coblens and a core group of parents, the BENCHWARMERS is a competitive basketball program for youth ages 10‐17 striving to teach life principles to young athletes. Coaches, athletes and parents all support the BENCHWARMERS Core Values emphasizing teamwork, sportsmanship, respect, life‐long relationships and a healthy sport‐life balance. To be a BENCHWARMER one must commit to excel on the court, in the classroom, and in the community.
The BENCHWARMERS Core Purpose
To develop the person and player in young athletes while respecting the importance of balance in life.
The BENCHWARMERS Core Values
- Sportsmanship: Respect the game, opponents, officials, parents, coaches, life.
- Teamwork: “We” instead of “Me”, working together as one.
- Family: Welcoming, caring and inclusive with shared goals and values.
- Balance: Family, school, friends and other life endeavors have an equal or proper amount of importance.
- Education: BENCHWARMERS excel in the classroom and in the community as well as excel on the court.